Here are some places that I am interested to check out:
• Hippocrates Institute in West Palm Beach, FL: I am dreaming to go there! People get extensive blood work and then customized recommendations on what your body needs or lacks and how to heal your sickness or prevent one. It’s a place to drink wheatgrass and other juices and eat strictly raw meals (fruits and veggies) and get educated on the health and longevity.
• Tanglewood Wellness Center: It's owned by Loren Lockman about whom you can learn more in my previous article. If you love the mountains and seclusion and if you are not afraid of fasting for at least a week on only water, this is the ultimate place to go. It’s in Panama and getting there is not as easy as getting to West Palm Beach J
• Vida Clara in Belize: It is also far away, but one of the things you need is quiet and tranquility while fasting and what can be better then the surroundings of nature in the tropics. I was impressed by their website. They give great information about fasting. For me, as a beginner, it was written in understandable language, precise and clear.
• Tree of Life Rejuvenation Center in Potagonia, AZ: This center has a very impressive array of services and a great explanation of each of them on the website. There, you can find detoxification programs, spiritual retreats, workshops, and even vegan vacations and spring break vacations. Impressive!
• In Your Own Location or Water Fasting with a Twist. This is a partial cleanse without changing your daily habits much. The only thing you do is replace all of your drinks with plain water. Turns out, on average, we get 21% of our daily calories from drinks only!
If you have any other recommendations about good detox retreats, programs or would like to share your own experience about a cleanse you had, please share with us in the comments section.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
UPDATE. October 19, 2016.
For the locals in the Sarasota area:
Since opening the Nutritious You Shop on Siesta Key, we have been offering a modified cleanse. We supply you with alkalizing light vegan meals, juices, and blood elixir (chlorophyl drink) for a week or for as long as you need. We can also refill your containers with pH alkaline water. Are you ready for this challenge? Are you ready to spend a week without animal products, white sugar, and gluten? It is a great opportunity to give your body a break for a week where you don't have to think what to cook. We do it for you :) Contact us directly if you have any questions: 941-202-2072.
Follow Nutritious You on Facebook and Instagram.